OUR YOGA VALLEY, GOA
Get ready to lose yourself amidst the natural beauty and tranquility of South Goa. Enjoy some of the most blissful moments practicing yoga with our revered gurus and get an opportunity to become one with the exquisite natural landscape around you. Yoga ashram in Goa at Goa Yogashala, we believe that our surroundings play a major role in defining our state of mind. Thus, the location of our Yogashala, away from the bustling city streets and in the lap of Mother Nature, plays a strategic role in ensuring that you have the required peace of mind to focus entirely on your yogic studies.
About South Goa
One of the smallest states in India, Goa is visited by hundreds and thousands of tourists from all around the world. While some come here to get their dose of sun, sand, and sea, others arrive at this surreal place to find themselves through yoga and meditation.
Boasting a blend of old Portuguese architecture and Konkan heritage, Southern Goa is more authentic than its northern counterpart. Home to some of the finest beaches and seaside resorts, South Goa is also the melting pot of yoga and Ayurveda related activities. Captivating hilltop locations, crystal blue beach waters, lush greenery, and traditional fishing villages are some of the exclusive elements of this part of the state.
Whether you are a culinary genius, a seeker of the yogic path of life, a lover of nature and serenity, or a history and architecture enthusiast, South Goa has something for all of you. Engulfed by the Arabian Sea to its west, this is where everyone comes to clear their mind and rejuvenate their senses. And, what is a better way to do so than surrendering yourself to the pious learning of yoga!
A short distance from the main road and not too far from the untouched, swimmable waters of the Agonda beach, Goa Yogashala invites you to spend a life-transforming few days within the lap of nature, engulfed in a variety of flora and unspoiled landscape. Surrounded by swaying palm and cashew trees as well as the enthralling coastline of the Arabian Sea, Agonda is one of the most popular beach fronts not only in the Indian sub-continent but also all of Asia.
Spread across 1,500 square foot, our open-air yoga hall is built in a traditional style with ample space to host 20 students at a single time. When here, you don’t only get to learn and practice yoga under some of the best yoga teachers in India but also amidst pure nature and fresh ocean air.
Some Of The Facilities That Everyone Can Make Use Of At The Facility Include:
• Complimentary Wifi (this is available throughout all our accommodations)
• Unlimited complimentary filtered water
• Beach access
• 24/7 on-campus assistance
• Help with travel planning (for anybody wanting to explore the area during the weekend)
At Goa Yogashala, we understand and respect that everyone has a different idea and budget for their accommodation. And, thus, we offer you to choose between one of our two types of rooms for your comfortable stay.
• Non-AC Double Room – Extremely spacious and windy, the non-AC double rooms are located right on the campus and come with all the necessary facilities, including but not limited to comfortable double beds, wardrobe, private bathroom, and linens.
• Sea-side view Cottages – Comparatively luxurious than our other room options, the seaside cottages are located within a stylish beach resort that is set right on the Agonda beach and is only a minute’s walk from the school campus. Aside from the brilliant views of the coastline, the cottages also come with AC, a wardrobe, double beds, and a private bathroom with hot as well as cold water.
Note: Complimentary Wifi is available throughout the property in all three accommodation options.
At Goa Yogashala, we believe that we are what we eat. Our food plays a primary role in our nourishment and state of well-being. This is why it is important that we feed our bodies only those products that are healthy and wholesome. All our students enjoy three purely satvik meals per day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Prepared by our highly-trained kitchen staff, the meals are made out of the freshest vegetables and herbs and in the most hygienic conditions. They mostly comprise fresh fruits and vegetables, lentils, rice, chapati, as well as desserts. We also offer vegan choices for those with special dietary requirements.
You can choose between herbal tea or coffee twice a day every day. There is also unlimited filtered water available at the campus.
Note : Due to the weekend offs, students are required to arrange their meals on Saturday (for dinner; breakfast and lunch are provided) and Sunday (all day).
How To Get Here
Our Yogashala is located at one of the most popular locations in South Goa – Agonda Beach.
By Air: The nearest airport, Dabolim International Airport, is located at a distance of 60 kilometres approximately. The travel time between the airport and our school is around 90 minutes.
By Train: The nearest railhead, Margao Railway Station, in only 36 kilometers away. It takes roughly an hour to reach the school from the railway station.
Note: We offer complimentary pick-up and drop-off facilities from both the airport as well as the railway station. However, if the students decide to extend their stay after the course completion to explore the area, they have to arrange for their drop-off transportation.
Facilities And Services Nearby
Agonda beach is among the extremely popular beaches for travellers from all across the globe. To cater to all their needs, the area is filled with internet cafes, restaurants, grocery stores, laundry facilities, money exchanges, ATMs as well as travel agencies. You could find food items, fruits, and herbal products, toiletries and much more in these shops.
Additionally, there are also shops where you could rent a scooter or a motorbike to explore the area. You could also hire auto-rickshaws and taxis to travel long distances during your break.
What To See Around
As one of the most frequented beaches in the South, Agonda is home to numerous sights and attractions. Be its gorgeous beaches, larger-than-life churches, serenading old Portuguese edifices, or holistic sights, there is plenty to do and see around the beach. Aside from the very beautiful Agonda beach, some of the important sights around the area include but aren’t limited to:
• Cabo De Rama – ancient fort ruins which have existed even before the Portuguese colonization
• Butterfly Beach – coined after its namesake island, the beach is a popular place for spotting dolphins and enjoying striking sunsets
• Chandranath Temple – perched atop a heavily-wooded 350 meters high hill, the temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and offers stunning sunset views
• Chapoli Dam – an eco-friendly tourist spot around Agonda, the dam is very famous among birdwatchers and fishing enthusiasts
• Rock Formations – formed over years of sea waves crashing into the rocks, the formations lay between Palolem and Agonda and are quite intriguing